Saturday 7 August 2010

Post One!

Here we go... I'm new to this so bare with me, it WILL get better over time or I may get bored of it quickly ;-)

I suppose my first post should be a brief synopsis to date.

My two absolute favorite apps on Android are:

1) Launcher Pro.
This Launcher/ Home Screen replacement is great. 7 home screens, customisable dock, scrollable widgets, etc, etc. The dev of this app makes updates weekly, not bug fixes either most updates contain new features.

2) Locale.
Locale is an app that uses your location and other conditions (wifi networks, bluetooth connections, power source, etc) to change your phone's settings. My two best examples are:
  • Car Mode - I've configured Locale to switch on bluetooth when external power is attached (ie when in the car dock). When the phone connects to my bluetooth car kit it starts the speed cam software (Radardroid) and changes the screen time out and volumes.
  • Home - When I'm at home it switches on wifi, switching it off when I leave the area. I used to spend half the day wasting battery on wifi when I was at work!
This is the App that makes iPhone bois jealous, even now they have their almost multitasking!


That's it... I've got some new stuff I found today so the next post should be here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment